The Meteoritical Society is an international organization dedicated to the promotion of research and education in planetary science with emphasis on the studies of meteorites and other extraterrestrial materials that further our understanding of the origin of the solar system. The Society was established in 1933.
Our members, from 52 nations, span the range of planetary science. We are scientists, amateur scientists and enthusiasts.
The Meteoritical Society:
- promotes research and education.
- supports young planetary scientists.
- publishes leading journals including Meteoritics and Planetary Science.
- organizes annual meetings and workshops.
- honors outstanding scientific and service contributions.
- approves all new meteorite names and classifications and records them in the Meteoritical Bulletin.
- Jun 11, 2021, 9:51 AM Registration for the 84th Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society in Chicago
- Jun 2, 2021, 9:13 AM Student and Early Career Travel Awards for MetSoc 2021
- May 24, 2021, 11:01 AM Stuart Ross Taylor (1925-2021)
Not a Member?
You can be. Join forces with 1000 scientists and amateur enthusiasts. Share with them in a discussion forum. Receive our peer-reviewed journal, Meteoritics and Planetary Science. Save with product discounts.