1st Announcement of Opportunity (AO) for Ryugu samples and Ryugu sample catalog open
We are happy to release the first Announcement of Opportunity (AO) for Ryugu samples in the following URL; [https://jaxa-ryugu-sample-ao.net/], and Ryugu sample catalog now available online as follows; [https://darts.isas.jaxa.jp/curation/hayabusa2/]. As mentioned in the top page of the AO, the notice of intent to propose is due in mid-March, and registration and longin page will be available soon. Please enjoy the Ryugu sample catalog and consider your research proposal based on the information described in the guidebook [https://jaxa-ryugu-sample-ao.net/files/guidebook.pdf]. We are looking forward to having fruitful research proposals from you! More…
The Meteoritical Society is an international organization dedicated to the promotion of research and education in planetary science with emphasis on the studies of meteorites and other extraterrestrial materials that further our understanding of the origin of the solar system. The Society was established in 1933.
Our members, from 52 nations, span the range of planetary science. We are scientists, amateur scientists and enthusiasts.
The Meteoritical Society:
- promotes research and education.
- supports young planetary scientists.
- publishes leading journals including Meteoritics and Planetary Science.
- organizes annual meetings and workshops.
- honors outstanding scientific and service contributions.
- approves all new meteorite names and classifications and records them in the Meteoritical Bulletin.
- Jan 14, 2022, 2:08 PM 1st Announcement of Opportunity (AO) for Ryugu samples and Ryugu sample catalog open
- Jan 11, 2022, 1:01 PM 2022 Membership Renewal & Award Nominations
- Dec 14, 2021, 4:46 PM Peter Signer (1929-2021)
Not a Member?
You can be. Join forces with 1000 scientists and amateur enthusiasts. Share with them in a discussion forum. Receive our peer-reviewed journal, Meteoritics and Planetary Science. Save with product discounts.