Each year at the annual meeting of the Meteoritical Society, a few of the top oral presentations by student members are selected for awards. We are pleased to announce the awardees for the 2023 meeting.
- Zoë Wilbur, University of Arizona, Unraveling the volatile story of reduced meteorites through djerfisherite
- Sophie Benaroya, University of Alberta, Unraveling the crystallization history of poikilitic shergottite Northwest Africa 12002
- Catherine Harrison, Natural History Museum, London; University of Manchester, Fe-sulfides in experimentally and naturally heated CM chondrites
- Alissa Madera, Rutgers University, Sector-zoned pyroxenes in young lunar mare basalt Northwest Africa (NWA) 8632: Insights into crystallization kinetics during late-stage volcanism on the Moon
- Peter Mc Ardle, University of Manchester, The Qingzhen reaction – a fine-grained mineral assemblage associated with djerfisherite in some EH chondrites
- Leah Shteynman, Arizona State University, Direct U-Pb measurements of reidite from Rochechouart impact structure
Congratulations to the awardees for outstanding presentations! Additionally, thank you to Alex Ruzicka for chairing the committee and to these 41 individuals for their judging reports:
- Jens Barosch, Helena Bates, Enrica Bonato, Aaron Cavosie, Hasnaa Chennaoui Aoudjehane, Cari Corrigan, Gererdo Dominguez, Emilie Dunham, Scott Eckley, Timmons Erickson, Tim Fagan, Ryota Fukai, Matt Genge, Sammy Griffin, Romy Hanna, Natasha Johnson, Jim Karner, Gunther Kletetschka, Piers Koefoed, Mizuho Koike, Nan Liu, Rhiannon Mayne, Kaitlyn McCain, Jennifer Mitchell, Angel Mojarro, Andrea Patzer, Nicolas Randazzo, Philip Reger, Alex Ruzicka, Elizabeth Silber, Justin Simon, Robert Steele, Melissa Strait, Francois Tissot, Allan Treiman, Tomo Usui, Lionel Vacher, Maria Valdes, Toru Yada, Bidong Zhang, Ke Zhu
We all appreciate that we are able to celebrate the scientific contributions of our student members through these awards associated with our annual meeting.