Dear Meteoritical Society members,
I wish all of you a safe and Happy New Year! I sincerely hope all of us will have the option to attend our next Annual Meeting in Glasgow.
Those of you who have not yet renewed your membership will have temporarily lost your access to the Member Portal (and therefore to the Journal) on January 1st, but this can be easily remedied by renewing. Subscription to the print journal will not be interrupted if members renew by January 20th. You will find below the instructions for renewal as specified by our Digital Infrastructure Lead, Mendy Ouzillou.
Only about a month is left to nominate candidates for our Society's Awards. The procedures for making a nomination can be found on our website, https://meteoritical.org/awards. Nominations for Meteoritical Society awards should be sent, preferably by email with electronic attachments, to the appropriate committee chair where that person is known, or to the Secretary (MetSocSec@gmail.com). Here are the deadlines for the various awards, the committee chairs and their e-mail address.
January 31, 2022 deadline:
The Paul Pellas - Graham Ryder Award (TBD – joint with the Planetary Division of GSA – send nominations to email@example.com at present)
February 15, 2022 deadlines:
The Leonard Medal (Zita Martins, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Barringer Award (Sarah Stewart, email@example.com)
The Nier Prize (Zita Martins, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Service Award (Arya Udry, email@example.com)
Fellows (Zita Martins, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Elmar K. Jessberger Award (Mario Trieloff, Mario.Trieloff@geow.uni-heidelberg.de)
President of the Meteoritical Society
- Click https://meteoritical.org/membership and login with your credentials.
- If you have forgotten your password :
- Enter your email address and click the blue “reset and email password” button below. Be sure to use your existing MetSoc email (email address used by MetSoc to contact you). You will then be sent an email with your new credentials. The email may be delayed for up to 45 minutes.
- If after 45 minutes, you do not receive the updated password email or need to update your email address, please contact us as described at the end of instructions.
- The password must be changed to your preference after you successfully login and renew.
- Click https://meteoritical.org/membership/renew
- Select your membership type, type of MaPS subscription you desire and, if you desire, make a donation to the Endowment fund.
- Enter your credit card information and just to the right enter expiration date and the CVC.
- The MetSoc does not store your credit card information.
- If the total is blank, you are using an unsupported browser and must use a more recent browser to complete your transaction. To increase security and functionality, the updated website requires the use of a web browser that has been updated no more than 2.5 years ago.
- Click submit.
- You will then receive an email receipt from Stripe and a renewal acknowledgment from email@example.com.
- Update your profile information
- Click https://meteoritical.org/membership/profile and update your contact and biographical information.
- Please enter a secondary email address.
- Doing so is not required, but very much appreciated. Many members change jobs or institutions and forget to update their contact information. Entering a second email address, usually a personal permanent email, will allow us to contact you and ensure you can continue to receive your membership benefits and important MetSoc updates.
- Select your membership visibility preferences and if applicable, update your biographical information.
- Click submit.
- You have now completed the renewal process. All information you entered is editable at any time in the future.
Should you find any bugs or have problems with any aspect of the process, please contact the Digital Infrastructure Lead, Mendy Ouzillou, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to describe the problem in as much detail as possible so that we may recreate the issue. Include device and web browser info.