Dear Members of the Meteoritical Society,
The Meteoritical Society wants to encourage early-career meteoriticists to participate in the upcoming 2021 Goldschmidt Conference, organized by the European Association of Geochemistry and the Geochemical Society. This Goldschmidt conference will be virtual (July 4-9, 2021), and many of its sessions should be of interest to members of our Society. To encourage participation, the Meteoritical Society Council will award selected participants an annual membership in the Society for 2022, including an electronic subscription to the Society journal, Meteoritics and Planetary Science. Other benefits of membership can be found here: https://meteoritical.org/society/membership.
For these awards of Society membership, we invite applications from early career researchers (undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at any college or university, or other researchers within 5 years of their PhD). Applicants must be engaged in research on meteorites, and need not be currently associated with the Society. For those applicants who are selected, we will support your continued research and interest in the Meteoritical Society by awarding a membership in the Society for 2022, including an electronic subscription to our journal, Meteoritics and Planetary Science. Preference may be given to those who present their work at the Goldschmidt2021 conference, and members from countries with a low-income economy (https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519), but neither is a requirement for an award. Prior recipients of a membership award are not eligible.
1. Your full name and institutional affiliation, as well as date of highest degree attained; please also indicate if you are Meteoritical Society member. If not, and you are a student, please indicate whether your faculty advisor is a Meteoritical Society member (if the latter, please provide their full name).
- If you are currently a student, please attach proof of status as a student (i.e., a confirming email from your faculty advisor at your institution).
- A statement of how your work is relevant to meteoritics, and why it is important for you to attend the Goldschmidt2021 conference (250 words max.)
- Proof of your registration for the Goldschmidt2021 conference (please append PDF file of receipt).
- A PDF file of your Goldschmidt2021 abstract, if one was submitted.
- A PDF file of the acceptance email for your Goldschmidt2021 abstract, if one was submitted.
Please submit the above materials by July 31, 2021, to be considered for these Meteoritical Society awards.
President, The Meteoritical Society