This committee is responsible for establishing guidelines for the naming of new meteorites and for overseeing the publication of the Meteoritical Bulletin in Meteoritics and Planetary Science (MAPS). Twelve members are appointed to 3-year terms by the President for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- Audrey Bouvier (chair) (1st term) 2021
- Francis McCubbin (2nd term) 2021
- Mutsumi Komatsu 2019
- Hasnaa Chennaoui-Aoudjehane (2nd term) 2020
- Vinciane Debaille (2nd term) 2020
- Emma Bullock (2nd term) 2020
- Bingkui Miao (1st term) 2021
- Tasha Dunn (2nd term) 2019
- Massimo D'Orazio (1st term) 2019
Ex officio members:
Vice-President of the Society (Meenakshi Wadhwa) and the Editors of the Meteoritical Bulletin (Jerome Gattacceca) and the Meteoritical Bulletin Database (Jeff Grossman).