This committee is responsible for establishing guidelines for the naming of new meteorites and for overseeing the publication of the Meteoritical Bulletin in Meteoritics and Planetary Science (MAPS). Twelve members are appointed to 3-year terms by the President for a maximum of two consecutive terms.
- Audrey Bouvier (chair) (1st term) 2021
- Francis McCubbin (2nd term) 2021
- Bingkui Miao (1st term) 2021
- Mutsumi Komatsu (2nd term) 2022
- Devin Schrader (1st term) 2022
- Massimo D'Orazio (2nd term) 2022
- Ansgar Greshake 2023
- Cyrena Goodrich 2023
- Juliane Gross 2023
Ex officio members
Vice-President of the Society (Nancy Chabot) and the Editors of the Meteoritical Bulletin (Jerome Gattacceca) and the Meteoritical Bulletin Database (Jeff Grossman).