The Meteoritical Society is an international organization dedicated to the promotion of research and education in planetary science with emphasis on the studies of meteorites and other extraterrestrial materials that further our understanding of the origin of the solar system. The Society was established in 1933.
Our members, from 52 nations, span the range of planetary science. We are scientists, amateur scientists and enthusiasts.
The Meteoritical Society:
- promotes research and education.
- supports young planetary scientists.
- publishes leading journals including Meteoritics and Planetary Science.
- organizes annual meetings and workshops.
- honors outstanding scientific and service contributions.
- approves all new meteorite names and classifications and records them in the Meteoritical Bulletin.
Search for the Next Executive Editor of GCA
The Geochemical Society and the Meteoritical Society are seeking qualified candidates to serve as Executive Editor (EE) of Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta (GCA). The appointment is for an initial 3-year term commencing January 1, 2025, with the possibility of an additional 3-year term by negotiation with the Societies and the publisher. Consideration of applicants will begin October 1 2023 and continue until the position is filled. Visit this Announcement for more details.
- Oct 1, 2023, 12:37 PM Announcement of the 2024 Meteoritical Society Awards
- Sep 24, 2023, 2:02 PM The 3rd Turkish Meteorite Workshop
- Sep 24, 2023, 1:47 PM Origins of Solar Systems Gordon Research Conference and Seminar Support
Not a Member?
You can be. Join forces with 1000 scientists and amateur enthusiasts. Share with them in a discussion forum. Receive our peer-reviewed journal, Meteoritics and Planetary Science. Save with product discounts.